[rspec-devel] Cucumber release?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 19:35:45 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:43 PM, aslak hellesoy
<aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Caius Durling <caius at caius.name> wrote:
>>
>> On 11 Nov 2008, at 22:24, aslak hellesoy wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to make a new release. Anything pressing before I do?
>>
>> Test it thoroughly to stop there being 3 releases in the next week. :)
>
> I meant Cucumber, not RSpec.

Ouch!

> Sorry David ;-)

Actually - good news from RubyConf - the next release of RubyGems,
which was being hacked on at RC, promises to support letters in
versions. This means we'll be able to do properly labeled release
candidates like rspec-1.2.0.RC1. The way it'll work is that when you
do gem update gemname, it will ignore anything w/ letters in it, but
you can specify that if there is pre-release version greater than the
last release that you want that with a command line flag.

Hooray for improved release support!

Cheers,
David