[rspec-devel] RSpec mocks running when Flexmock is configured

Jim Weirich jim.weirich at gmail.com
Sat May 24 11:58:30 EDT 2008

On May 24, 2008, at 9:15 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> I think that changing rspec to support multiple mocking frameworks
> would require removing the Object-invasion you speak of. If I were
> starting from scratch, that's definitely the direction I'd want to
> go. Given that there are a lot of examples in the world that exploit
> that, it would be counter-productive for us to change that decision
> at this point.

Agreed.  I've changed flexmock so that it will override the global
"should_receive" with its own definition, but only on objects that are
explicitly given to flexmock for mocking.  That solves half the
problem.  The other half of the problem is that RSpec mocks are not
torn down once flexmock is configured.  Supporting multiple mocking
frameworks might be as easy as making sure all mock libraries get
properly "hooked" into the teardown process.  I see no reason why
flexmock couldn't live comfortably with the RSpec mock in that case.

--
-- Jim Weirich
-- jim.weirich at gmail.com