[rspec-devel] Issues running example rails app specs

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Thu May 22 02:49:21 EDT 2008

> When I'm using sqlite, I have issues with the whole schema_migrations
> table in Rails >= 2.0.1 and schema_info in Rails <= 2.0.0.

I've run into this as well.

I've got a couple ideas on how to handle this.  The first is to use
db:drop and db:create instead of migrating down, for Rails versions
that support those tasks.  My other idea is to have a
db/migrations/templates directory with the content of the migrations,
and then for each one run "script/generate migration
the_migration_name," then dump the content into the newly created
migration file.  This has the advantage of using Rails' migration
generation so we don't have a migration number mismatch.  The main
disadvantage I see is that it'd require an extra step to generate the
migrations before we can run individual specs.