[rspec-devel] additions to rspec_on_rails

Rick Olson technoweenie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:13:51 EST 2008

Yehuda Katz and I were brainstorming on a better way to quickly spec
rails/merb controllers with rspec and came up with:
http://weblog.techno-weenie.net/2007/12/26/controller-specs-are-a-drag.
 Basically, we're calling methods off the Example object returned by
#it to define common examples.  However, a recent change in rspec
(specifically, the combining of Spec::Example and Spec::ExampleGroup
objects?) breaks our monkey patches:

http://rafb.net/p/AuR1yL64.html

Is this something we can get in rspec so that I don't have to mess
with a custom subclass?  Subclassing Spec::ExampleGroup wasn't a
problem before.  But subclassing Spec::Example is an issue because
then I'm not using the subclasses that rspec_on_rails provides.  The
change lets an example add a peer example to the current example
group.  Just let me know what you want me to do, and I'll work up a
patch for the tracker.