[rspec-devel] How you develop with git

Corey Haines coreyhaines at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:17:34 EST 2008

Hi, Bryan,

I'm just experimenting these days with DSCM, as well. A friend and I
recorded a conversation that discussed my ideas and usages of DSCM (I'm
using bazaar right now). It might be interesting.

http://www.faithfulgeek.org/2008/2/24/distributed-source-control-with-corey-haines

-Corey

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Bryan Ray <bryansray at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I recently decided to start using git on my work and here's where I'm
> at ... my experience with svn kind of put a bad taste in my mouth when it
> came to branching / merging. I would rarely go through a merge (especially a
> big one) without having something screw up.
>
> So I'm wondering if anyone could give some quick scenarios (or point me to
> a resource) on how they do development (specifically Rails) with GIT.
>
> When you develop against your main repository is it customary to make
> "topic branches"? Or just make your changes and commit them to the "master"
> repo?
>
> I love the concept of branching / tagging / merging, but in SVN it's
> always been more of a pain than anything.
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Bryan Ray
> http://www.bryanray.net
>
> "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
> bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce
> bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

http://www.coreyhaines.com
The Internet's Premiere source of information about Corey Haines