[rspec-devel] How you develop with git

Bryan Ray bryansray at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 20:47:26 EST 2008

So I recently decided to start using git on my work and here's where I'm at
... my experience with svn kind of put a bad taste in my mouth when it came
to branching / merging. I would rarely go through a merge (especially a big
one) without having something screw up.

So I'm wondering if anyone could give some quick scenarios (or point me to a
resource) on how they do development (specifically Rails) with GIT.

When you develop against your main repository is it customary to make "topic
branches"? Or just make your changes and commit them to the "master" repo?

I love the concept of branching / tagging / merging, but in SVN it's always
been more of a pain than anything.

Bryan Ray

bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."