[rspec-devel] rspec_ui selenium example error

Ian Dees undees at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 04:00:56 EST 2008

Hi, all.

Dave, thanks for the advice.  I've posted the patch on rspec-ext's
RubyForge tracker (might be nice to have them on Lighthouse at some
point).

Nadim, I don't know whether or not my patch is going to pass muster as
is, or is going to need changes before (if?) the Spec::Ui project
accepts it.  But if you'd like to try it out in the meantime:

First, there's a Ruby gem now that includes both the Selenium Ruby
bindings and the server jar.  So, in one console, you'd do this:

sudo gem install Selenium # notice the capital S
selenium # notice the lower-case s

Then, in another console:

svn co http://rspec-ext.rubyforge.org/svn/ui/trunk spec_ui
cd spec_ui
wget http://rubyforge.org/tracker/download.php/3091/11941/18156/3378/rspec113.diff
patch -p0 < rspec113.diff
cd examples/selenium
rake spec:selenium

Hope this gets you going -- please drop me a line if there's anything I can do.

Sincerely,

Ian