[rspec-devel] spec.opts

Yehuda Katz wycats at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:28:27 EDT 2008

Sure... if you want to do stuff like:

require File.expand_path(File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__), "..",
"spec_helper")))

This is super-unDRY and I'd like to be able to have this happen
automatically without having to do spec -O spec/spec.opts ...

Is there a reason not to try and find spec/spec.opts and load it
automatically?

-- Yehuda

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Pat Maddox <pergesu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Yehuda Katz <wycats at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I spoke to dchelimsky this morning and am bringing our conversation to
> the
> > list.
> >
> > Effectively, I asked why we don't automatically require spec/spec.opts
> > (which I wanted in order to be able to yank require 'spec_helper' from my
> > specs, because require 'spec_helper' and require '../spec_helper' results
> in
> > two requires, which sucks).
>
> Doesn't File.expand_path solve this issue?
>
> Pat

Yehuda Katz
Developer | Engine Yard
(ph) 718.877.1325