[rspec-devel] [rspec-users] Has anyone pulled from the repo recently, but not on/after 4/16?

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 15:59:55 EDT 2008

Hi Pat,

On 16 Apr 2008, at 17:44, Pat Maddox wrote:

> I screwed up the repo on github and a bunch of commits are missing.
> So I'm hoping that there are a couple people out there that have
> pulled fairly recently (ideally on 4/15), but not today.  If so, can
> you please tar up your entire rspec-dev project and email it to me so
> I can try to fix this?

Can't help with a repo, sorry... but have a couple of ideas:

* It's worth keeping a backup of the broken repo on your machine. That
way we can do a postmortem and attempt work out what on earth happened
to those commits.

* Can anyone remember any of the text of the commit messages? If I'm
right and a rebase rewrote the commit numbers then it's possible that
they might be sitting as dangling commits inside your repository,
under different commit numbers. A git fsck might find those if you try
it on your repo and examine each dangling commit in turn.