[rspec-devel] rake git:update

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 11:39:23 EDT 2008

On 16 Apr 2008, at 16:25, David Chelimsky wrote:

> First - it is entirely possible that I have no local record of the
> missing commits, since I pulled from a repo that has no record of
> them.

So does this mean that a pull from git actually removes commits? That
doesn't seem to make sense -- but I guess if the commits were undone
(with a reset say) then a pull might remove them?

One theory: It's possible that Pat rebased a branch, which means that
the commit numbers will all change (I think) - he could have
potentially have rebased the wrong way round, which means that all the
commits have been removed from master and replayed onto a topic
branch. He may not have pushed this yet, in which case the commits
vanished from the master branch the next time he pushed up....? Is
this plausible?