[rspec-devel] rake git:update

Bryan Ray bryansray at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 10:08:20 EDT 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 7:30 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> I don't know how it happened, but somehow all the changes I've
> committed to the rspec repo since 4/10 are GONE.
> Take a look at http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-dev/commit/c59041b3b4b1a1bea8c24f8ca79b88bd9c2043cf
> .
> This commit was on 4/13 with the message "got uber-pre-commit
> working." You can see that the rspec repo got updated to commit
> f3aeaf1a5f7167148d32adf3001e0fc9db37c138.

I'm no git expert by any means, but I don't see that it was created
under that ID?

> Now look at http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/commit/f3aeaf1a5f7167148d32adf3001e0fc9db37c138
> .
> WHAT THE FUCK??????????

Perhaps someone's repo has this commit from an earlier pull down?

Not to doubt you David, but are you sure that commit was made to the
rspec repo? I'm not entirely sure I'd believe that a commit just
"disappeared." Don't take that the wrong way, buddy.