[rspec-devel] Failing tests in the tip(?) from github

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 11:40:09 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Matt Patterson
<matt-lists at reprocessed.org> wrote:
> I'm seeing 7 failures when rake spec_html is run in rspec.
>
>  The error is:
>   > undefined method `step_failed' for
>  #<Spec::Runner::Formatter::HtmlFormatter:0x1bc0538>
>  All the specs in question are story-related.
>
>  spec/spec/story/runner/story_mediator_spec.rb:
>
>  Spec::Story::Runner::StoryMediator
>    should create a given step if one matches
>    should create a pending step if no given step matches
>    should create a when step if one matches
>    should create a pending step if no when step matches
>    should create a then step if one matches
>    should create a pending step if no 'then' step matches
>

>  spec/spec/story/runner/story_runner_spec.rb:
>
>  Spec::Story::Runner::StoryRunner
>    should clean the steps between stories
>
>  I'm assuming that this is a problem with the standard spec formatter
>  being invoked in place of a story formatter
>
>  This only seems to be a problem during the HTML report generating run...
>
>  And only through rake spec_html: running bin/spec spec/spec/story/
>  runner/story_mediator_spec.rb --format html works fine...

Yeah, I've experienced that as well.  At this point if you want to run
the specs you can run "rake spec" from within the plugins/rspec dir,
and "rake -f Multirails.rake pre_commit" from the plugins/rspec-rails
dir.  That should cover most of the stuff.

Pat