[rspec-devel] rspec at github

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Fri Apr 11 02:56:07 EDT 2008

El 11/4/2008, a las 0:59, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com>
escribió:

> I see no reason for supporting svn. Devs/contributors should be using
> git because it simplifies the process. Edge rails users can use
> script/
> plugin and others can just clone the repos and either manage them
> directly use piston.
>
> If, however, as Steve suggests, it is simple to support a read only
> mirror, I am certainly not opposed to it. If we do, however, I still
> want to put a stop to svn patches in favor of git.

I've never done this myself but I know it is not uncommon practice for
people to set up a post-commit hook in the repo to automatically
propagate commits to a read-only SVN mirror. No additional software
required, this would just be a simple shell script; what I don't know
is whether github allows users to install such scripts.

If you're interested I'd suggest asking on the Git mailing list for
advice or examples from people who have done this; I'd imagine that
there are quite a few subscribers with experience in this area.

Cheers,
Wincent

PS. Sorry how I break the threading whenever I reply to a message (I'm
subscribed to the digest); I'm currently trying to find out if there's
a way to override the "In-Reply-To:" header in my mail client so that
that won't happen.