[rspec-devel] Should controller specs fail if you don't make a request?

Chris Parsons chris at edendevelopment.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 15:43:47 EDT 2008

Hi Pat,

On 10 Apr 2008, at 04:44, Pat Maddox wrote:

> I had planned to just implement an expectation error if no request is
> made.  But there's a small chance that that's too invasive.

Hmm, interesting. I suppose you might want to write helper functions
with the controller that you might want to test independently of a
request. Thinking out loud, I guess if I was writing a controller
before_filter, say for a cross-concern, I might want to test that in
isolation without using a request. Although I'm likely to have any
cross-concerns in a module though, which would be tested seperately.

Perhaps an orange 'warning' state for a spec would be good, that
perhaps you could disable?

list << my.two_cents