[rspec-devel] rspec at github

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 23:39:52 EDT 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 11:20 PM, "Pat Maddox" <pergesu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:13 PM, David Chelimsky
> <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 9, 2008, at 10:50 PM, Scott Taylor
>> <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>>> Are you keeping a read only svn repository?  If so, how are you
>>> doing
>>> it (out of curiosity)?
>> Not in the plan. If a tool emerges (or already exists) that would
>> make
>> this simple to automate we'll consider it, but it's not high
>> priority.
> Is there any plan for svn users, or have we dropped svn support
> entirely at this point?

I see no reason for supporting svn. Devs/contributors should be using
git because it simplifies the process. Edge rails users can use script/
plugin and others can just clone the repos and either manage them
directly use piston.

If, however, as Steve suggests, it is simple to support a read only
mirror, I am certainly not opposed to it. If we do, however, I still
want to put a stop to svn patches in favor of git.