[rspec-devel] The structure of the rspec tests

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:00:04 EDT 2007

On 9/26/07, Matt Patterson <matt-lists at reprocessed.org> wrote:
> Morning,
>
> I'm trying to get a handle on the way that RSpec's own tests are
> structured and run.
>
> I've figured out how to do rake pre_commit, but I'm trying to see how
> the pluggable mock framework stuff is tested,

There was a problem spec'ing the plugins due to the fact that both
mocha and rspec modify Object, so I really just punted on those. They
do not get tested when we run pre-commit. Now that you've caught me
red-handed on that - the way it could work is to spawn a separate
process. Patches welcome!

> and there seem to be
> things in the rspec/examples and rspec/failing_examples directories,
> and not sure I understand exactly how and if these are (should?) be run.

Some of those get run w/ the pre_commit in order to test the
CommandLine, but we don't consider them as part of the suite.