[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-14166 ] Cannot build trunk

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Sep 23 23:14:50 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=14166&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
I originally posted this on the rspec users list and David Chelimsky asked that I submit a bug.

I really want to experiment with the new "Story Runner" functionality in rspec and I'm having trouble using the trunk.

I've tried in both windows and linux environments and have different problems on each.

On linux, I execute svn co svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk to check out the trunk.  This completes successfully, so I try to build the gem.  The readme on building says:
"check out source from svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk. Then do the following:
rake gem
gem install pkg/rspec-0.x.x.gem (you may have to sudo)"
This doesn't work in trunk, so I cd into trunk/rspec and execute rake gem.  This fails with:

dwright at hendrix:~/trunk/rspec$ rake gem
(in /home/dwright/trunk/rspec)
mkdir pkg
rm -rf pkg/rspec_on_rails
mkdir pkg
rm -rf pkg/RSpec.tmbundle
rake aborted!
No such file or directory - ../spec_ui
/home/dwright/trunk/rspec/Rakefile:227:in `chdir'

On windows (vista), I can't seem to successfully check out the project.  When I execute:

svn co svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk

I get the following error part-way through the checkout:

svn: In directory 'trunk\RSpec.tmbundle\Preferences'
svn: Can't move 'trunk\RSpec.tmbundle\Preferences\.svn\tmp\Symbol List: Behaviour.tmPreferences.tmp.tmp' to 'trunk\RSpec.tmbundle\Preferences\.svn\tmp\Symbol List: Behaviour.tmPreferences.tmp': The parameter is incorrect.

I can't proceed in this case because the checkout won't complete.

Date: 2007-09-23 20:14

Message:
Thank you very much!  I'll make sure to submit separately
next time.  I'm looking forward to getting more competent
with ruby, rails and rspec and one of my goals is to
contribute to this project soon.

Date: 2007-09-23 13:13

Message:
There are two separate issues here - building the gem and checking out on windows. Both are fixed as of r2646. In the future, please put separate issues in separate tickets.

Thanks