[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-14171 ] "rake spec" in Rails projects broken in edge rails

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Sep 23 20:58:47 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=14171&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
As of this patch to Rails:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/6673

"rake spec" in a Rails proect (with rspec and rspec_on_rails plugins version 1.0.8) throws:

vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails.rb:20: undefined method `run=' for Test::Unit:Module (NoMethodError)

It looks like rspec assumes that test/unit has already been required by Rails, which it no longer is.

Date: 2007-09-24 00:58

Message:
Magicians though we wish we were, there is simply no way for us to make our already released 1.0.8 keep up with edge rails.

If you're using edge rails, then you should be using edge spec, in which case you'll find that all is well.

Cheers,