[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-14166 ] Cannot build trunk

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Sep 23 10:27:55 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=14166&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
I originally posted this on the rspec users list and David Chelimsky asked that I submit a bug.

I really want to experiment with the new "Story Runner" functionality in rspec and I'm having trouble using the trunk.

I've tried in both windows and linux environments and have different problems on each.

On linux, I execute svn co svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk to check out the trunk.  This completes successfully, so I try to build the gem.  The readme on building says:
"check out source from svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk. Then do the following:
rake gem
gem install pkg/rspec-0.x.x.gem (you may have to sudo)"
This doesn't work in trunk, so I cd into trunk/rspec and execute rake gem.  This fails with:

dwright at hendrix:~/trunk/rspec$ rake gem
(in /home/dwright/trunk/rspec)
mkdir pkg
rm -rf pkg/rspec_on_rails
mkdir pkg
rm -rf pkg/RSpec.tmbundle
rake aborted!
No such file or directory - ../spec_ui
/home/dwright/trunk/rspec/Rakefile:227:in `chdir'

On windows (vista), I can't seem to successfully check out the project.  When I execute:

svn co svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/trunk

I get the following error part-way through the checkout:

svn: In directory 'trunk\RSpec.tmbundle\Preferences'
svn: Can't move 'trunk\RSpec.tmbundle\Preferences\.svn\tmp\Symbol List: Behaviour.tmPreferences.tmp.tmp' to 'trunk\RSpec.tmbundle\Preferences\.svn\tmp\Symbol List: Behaviour.tmPreferences.tmp': The parameter is incorrect.

I can't proceed in this case because the checkout won't complete.