[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Patches-14140 ] fix for TM when switching to alternate file

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Sep 21 17:04:48 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3151&aid=14140&group_id=797

Category: RSpec.tmbundle

Initial Comment:
When using textmate's ctrl-shift-downarrow (switch to "Alternate File") command I get exceptions of "undefined method + for NilClass".

Note: this *only* happens if the 'alternate file' you are trying to switch to does not exist, and you elect to let TM create it for you.

The problem appears to be down to content_for() incorrectly checking the file_type parameter.  It looks for 'spec' even though it would seem 'model spec' and 'view spec' are examples of the values it receives.

I've attached a patch which corrects this issue for me.