[rspec-devel] Nested Resources and Views

Bryan Ray bryansray at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 02:00:58 EDT 2007

I'm trying to figure out how to pass in the extra "parameters" to a nested
resource inside a view spec.

What I have:
"departments" is a nested resource inside "portals"

URL looks like:

Error I'm getting:
department_url failed to generate from { :controller => "departments",
:action => "show", :portal_id => nil ....

I think my question is ... How do I pass in the :portal_id to the render
method inside the view. Because right now it's just nil. I've found how to
do it inside the controller using the get method ... but nothing about a

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Bryan Ray

bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."