[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Patches-10465 ] Pre_commit method comments

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon Sep 17 12:45:24 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3151&aid=10465&group_id=797

Category: build
Group: None

Initial Comment:
As the first step to refactor the pre_commit code I reviewed it and added comments to reveal its (perceived) intention and tricky places of implementation. I didn't make any changes to the code but I did write some FIXMEs to wherever I noticed dead code or bugs.

I plan to remove most of the comments after the specs and the code itself reveal intention better.

BTW. Should we have a build category or something similar in the RubyForge tracker? This doesn't fall under any of the existing categories.

Date: 2007-05-03 13:19

Message:
I added a documentation category but failed to set it to public when I did and there is rubyforge bug that won't allow a private tracker to become public. I've got an open RFE w/ the rubyforge project on this.

Though inline comments in the code that are in place as part of a refactoring should not go in a documentation tracker. That would be specifically for website and rdoc.

Comment By: Scott Taylor (smtlaissezfaire)