[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-13913 ] Scenario should treat no code block as " pending"

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Sep 13 23:37:27 EDT 2007

Feature Requests item #13913, was opened at 2007-09-13 19:49
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=13913&group_id=797

Category: Story Runner

Initial Comment:
Currently, Scenario errors out when not supplied a body.  It should behave similarly to "describe/it" where "it" is not required to have a code block.  When a code block is not given, it is treated as pending.

This could also be extended to Given/Then/When.

Ultmately, this would have the benefit of allowing one to effectively document the entire User Story without having to furnish any code -- but still allowing Story Runner to generate documentation for it.

I'll see about supplying a patch this evening

Date: 2007-09-13 23:37

Message:
Patch attached.  Depends upons a previous "bugfix" to the
test code that I reported and patched earlier.  Redundant as
it is included in this patch ("exception_from").