[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-13879 ] "P" for pending looks too much like "F" for failure -- please put back "*"

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Sep 13 19:40:45 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=13879&group_id=797

Category: runner module

Initial Comment:
We love pending! But we hate "P". From across the room, or for eyes over 40 years old, it looks like our test run just broke when actually it's just a pending test. Why did you change it from "*"? We like "*". It even means "footnote" or "see below for more information" which is actually pretty appropriate for a pending example...

Comment By: Scott Taylor (smtlaissezfaire)
Date: 2007-09-13 23:40

Message:
Don't you run with --color?  I'm sure that would be even easier on the eyes.