[rspec-devel] Trac instead of Rubyforge tracker?

Jay Levitt lists-rspec at shopwatch.org
Mon Sep 10 10:22:47 EDT 2007

On 9/7/2007 6:15 PM, aslak hellesoy wrote:
> On 9/6/07, Michael Klishin <michael.s.klishin.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to follow RSpec development but constantly find out that I
>> have no time to read all emails from dev list and read commit logs /
>> source changes.
>>
>> Maybe it makes sense to set up Trac? Beside being a bit better at
>> tracking requests and bug reports it has Timeline and Roadmap that save
>> huge amount of time compared to SVN logs and source digging.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>

> Trac needs a local svn, and we can't set it up at Rubyforge. We'd have
> to move everything away from rubyforge.

Subversion now allows read-only replication, though - but I'm not sure
if that takes configuration at rubyforge or if it can all be configured
replicatee-side.

I'm guessing this would be fairly low-volume, and if so, I could host it
on my Linux box here at home - I have a static IP and about 768K
upstream bandwidth.

If people are really interested I can look into the mirroring stuff.

Jay