[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-13760 ] False Positives on eql?()

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Fri Sep 7 18:26:47 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=13760&group_id=797

Category: expectation module
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I accidentally typed:
  ob.should eql?(something)

This passed incorrectly.  It seems to be that I've essentially compared the 'something' value to the behavior object, and generated a false; by way of example, this also passes:
  ob.should false

Both of these are presumably dangerous false positives, particularly the former that's one keystroke away from the valid approach, and in keeping with eql? elsewhere, so it's an easy mistake to make.

Date: 2007-09-07 18:26

Message:
I don't understand what you mean, nor is there any complete code here I can execute to reproduce what you say is a bug.

Please submit some more complete code on the mailing list to make sure what you're talking about is a bug or not.