[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-13708 ] Revision 2482 killed custom assertions in spec:ui

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Sep 6 04:39:04 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=13708&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
Rev 2482 did something that takes our custom expectations for Selenium using spec:ui out of the call chain - they are no longer called at all. In revision 2481 this works.

I've tried running the Watir examples, which custom expectations we basically copied, and they seem broken too.

I am trying to locate what in that rev that causes this to happen, but I have so far been unsuccessful.

Date: 2007-09-06 10:39

Message:
I found the line causing this to happen:

In

rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/dsl/behaviour/rails_example.rb,
the line

Spec::DSL::BehaviourFactory.add_behaviour_class(:default, self)

does something that reoverrides our custom expectations.

The problem seems to be that the rspec_on_rails expectations
by the call above are defined after our custom definitions.
It therefore only affects our own "have_tag" etc, which have
a expectation with the same name in RSpec On Rails.