[rspec-devel] Congrats & stubbing methods with specific args question

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sat Sep 1 13:26:14 EDT 2007

Congratulations on the 1.0.9 release!   This release, I think, is
worth at least a major version number (if not 2.0)- with rbehave, the
internals of rspec completely refactored, the textmate bundle with
lots of new features, enhancements to the mocking framework, etc.  So
thanks for all the hard work - especially Dan North, Brian Takita -
and the usual suspects: David & Aslak.

Just one thing on the changeset that I saw:

* You can now stub!(:msg).with(specific args)

  Does this mean that a stub with specific args will only be stubbed
in those cases, but in others it will act as if it weren't?  This may
be one of the best new features of rspec.

Thanks, all, for your help, support, and hard work,

Scott