[rspec-devel] rails versions

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 11:21:50 EDT 2007

On 10/7/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2007, at 5:57 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I added rails 1.2.4 and 2.0.0 preview to the pre-commit, increasing
> > the number of rails versions to 6. As you can imagine, it takes
> > forever. I set out to speed things up by running against sqlite3
> > in-memory and found that this was not supported in rails 1.2.1 (no
> > adapter).
>
> Wasn't I rooting for this, back in rspec 0.7?

We weren't ready to dispense with 1.2.1 until now (that there are
sufficient subsequent releases).

> Anyway, do you think you could post the speed difference that you see
> with sqlite3 in memory and mysql?

This is not scientific - I ran each once and timed it w/ an external
time source - but here's what I got:

mysql  4:23
sqlite3 2:54

This includes running all the rspec core examples plus the
rspec_on_rails plugin examples against 5 versions of rails.

Cheers,
David