[rspec-devel] Get RSpec output from Tests

Adam Williams adam at thewilliams.ws
Thu Nov 29 14:44:43 EST 2007

Yes. YESSS!

I've been following this very closely over the past 7 days, and am
happy to report that our Scenarios plugin (1) now has no dependency on
RSpec. That is, it works with test/unit and RSpec! I JUST checked in
tests to prove it, RSpec/RSpec on Rails revision 3014 and Rails
revision 8239.

For those interested, the Scenarios plugin (2), and a couple other
plugins (3,4) at faithfulcode.rubyforge.org, have been getting a bit
of nice plugin testing attention. They aren't built around a complete
Rails app, nor are the libraries they depend on a part of the download
for those using the plugins (I regret that some folks actually send
you a full Rails app, WITH vendor/rails to boot). And, being edge-y,
they easily update themselves to the latest, allowing us to integrate
often.

Thanks a ton, RSpec team, for all your hard work. I'm am blessed by
the value it provides me and the clients I work for.

   adam williams

- (1) http://www.nabble.com/Scenarios-Plugin-Pre-Announcement-t4637152.html
- (2) http://faithfulcode.rubyforge.org/svn/plugins/trunk/scenarios
- (3) http://faithfulcode.rubyforge.org/svn/plugins/trunk/spec_integration