[rspec-devel] Failing specs in trunk

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 22:17:56 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 9:12 PM, Nathan Sutton <nathan.sutton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool, please let us know, thanks. :)

Sure - it's the specs that are broken - not necessarily rspec itself.

The problem is that there were new examples committed by someone who
is working in Ruby 1.8.5. The examples were calling
ExampleGroupMethods.before_all_parts, which is a method defined in the
ExampleGroupMethods module. From what I can tell, this is not legal
ruby in 1.8.6:

>> module Foo
>> def bar
>> end
>> end
=> nil
>> Foo.bar
NoMethodError: undefined method `bar' for Foo:Module
	from (irb):5

I can only assume that it IS legal in 1.8.5 or they wouldn't have been
committed! Can someone w/ 1.8.5 handy verify for that for me please?