[rspec-devel] Failing specs in trunk

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Tue Nov 20 21:40:04 EST 2007

Hi all,
When I check out the latest rspec and run the specs I get three failing
specs.  Are these errors due to my environment not being set up
correctly?  I have installed all of the gems listed in the README.  I'm
running Ruby 1.85 patchlevel 2, on OSx leopard.  Below are the summary
of the errors I am getting:

1)
NoMethodError in 'ExampleGroupMethods should pass before, after, and
Examples to all ExampleGroup subclasses'
undefined method `before_all_parts' for
Spec::Example::ExampleGroupMethods:Module
./spec/spec/example/example_group_methods_spec.rb:13:

2)
'HtmlFormatter should produce HTML identical to the one we designed
manually with --diff' FAILED
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/html_formatter_spec.rb:45:in `it - should
produce HTML identical to the one we designed manually with --diff'
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/html_formatter_spec.rb:20:in `chdir'
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/html_formatter_spec.rb:20:in `it - should
produce HTML identical to the one we designed manually with --diff'

3)
RuntimeError in 'Spec::Runner::Formatter::TextMateFormatter functional
spec using --diff should produce HTML identical to the one we designed
manually with --diff'
There is no HTML file with expected content for this platform:
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/text_mate_formatted-1.8.5.html
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/spec_mate_formatter_spec.rb:72:in `it -
should produce HTML identical to the one we designed manually with --diff'
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/spec_mate_formatter_spec.rb:37:in
`produces_html_identical_to_manually_designed_document'
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/spec_mate_formatter_spec.rb:22:in `chdir'
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/spec_mate_formatter_spec.rb:22:in
`produces_html_identical_to_manually_designed_document'
./spec/spec/runner/formatter/spec_mate_formatter_spec.rb:68:in `it -
should produce HTML identical to the one we designed manually with --diff'

I'd like to try and do a patch or two, but would like to see all green
before I do that.

Thanks,
Ben