[rspec-devel] Edge rspec - running Test::Unit tests

Pascal psq at nanorails.com
Mon Nov 19 01:24:37 EST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 3:37 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2007 5:31 PM, Pascal <psq at nanorails.com> wrote:

>>> This particular problem has been addressed and we're pretty close
>>> to a
>>> release at this point. We've (mostly Aslak) started to add stories
>>> for
>>> T::U integration and this particular problem is already fixed. Feel
>>> free to peek at the trunk and see how the stories are working and if
>>> you have any ideas to add or enhance them.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I'm still experiencing some issues running trunk (2910) wit rails 2.0
>> (8166), it works when I run an individual test (it runs tests and
>> specs, and report on each one), but not when running rake test:units.
>
> rake test:units is not supported by rspec
>
> You want to use this instead:
>
> rake spec:models
I realize that's what I would need to run the specs on the models,
which would run things under spec/models.  But what about existing
test cases under test/...

So are you saying that once you install RSpec (as a plugin), you
should no longer expect to run your existing test cases?  (This
appeared to work fine up to 1.0.8 and rewriting 100s of tests will
take a while, so that's definitely something I'm interested in
pursuing).

Is this something you are fundamentally opposed to, or would you be
interested in a patch (assuming I can get this to work)?

Cheers,
Pascal
--
http://blog.nanorails.com