[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-13492 ] Support parameterized Examples ala TestNG's DataProvider

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon Nov 19 00:22:11 EST 2007

Feature Requests item #13492, was opened at 2007-08-29 12:50
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=13492&group_id=797

While you're thinking of parameterizing things, I was thinking about how to introduce TestNG's concept of data providers. See http://debasishg.blogspot.com/2007/05/parameterizing-test-methods-revisited.html for a discussion.

If the block passed to an Example could be parameterized it might look like this:

it "should be parameterized", :data_provider => my_data_provider_method do |arg1, arg2|
end

Then the example would be called once each time #my_data_provider_method didn't return nil.

Thoughts?

- Bob

Comment By: Chad Humphries (spicycode)
Date: 2007-11-19 00:22