[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-13140 ] Make it easier to use the runner objects

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon Nov 19 00:18:24 EST 2007

Feature Requests item #13140, was opened at 2007-08-16 15:58
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=13140&group_id=797

Category: runner / command line

Initial Comment:
There are issues with invoking the runner directly because the first time Kernel#behaviour_runner is called, an at_exit block is created.

It would be useful get rid of this behaviour because this makes is difficult to work with the runner object model.

Currently to get around this, I need to assign the $behaviour_runner global variable before the first call to Kernel#behaviour_runner.

Also as of 1.0.8, I need to call Options#configure or a reporter will not be assigned.
options = ::Spec::Runner::OptionParser.new.parse(ARGV.dup, STDERR, STDOUT, false)
options.configure
$behaviour_runner = options.create_behaviour_runner

Comment By: Chad Humphries (spicycode)
Date: 2007-11-19 00:18

Message:
Moved to http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspec/tickets/108-13140-make-it-easier-to-use-the-runner-objects