[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-6523 ] Run rspec on rails without a db

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Nov 18 20:38:08 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=6523&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
We need to be able to run the specs without the database.  We have no model objects in some of our projects, therefore, no use for the db.

Comment By: Chad Humphries (spicycode)
Date: 2007-11-18 20:38

Message:
Moved to http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspec/tickets/24-6523-run-rspec-on-rails-without-a-db#ticket-24-2

Date: 2007-08-27 08:10

Message:
I'm reopening this because it's currently broken.

I think we should support unit_record by sensing for DisconnectedModel and not running all the Rails setup commands if it is found.

Date: 2007-04-04 05:49

Message:
Fixed in /branches/0.9-dev#1689

If you remove config/database.yml from your Rails project, the various spec:* rake tasks will no longer depend on db:test:prepare.

Further, you should tell Rails not to use AR in your config/environment.rb file