[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Feature Requests-4836 ] Generate sequence diagrams from specs using plotutils/pic2plot and UMLGraph's sequence.pic script

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sun Nov 18 20:27:51 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3152&aid=4836&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
A spec using mocks contains all the information to generate a sequence diagram.

For an example see examples/file_accessor_spec.rb

The idea is that if we run specs with --sequence, RSpec could output a text file for each spec, representing the sequence diagram. We could use the format described at
http://www.spinellis.gr/sw/umlgraph/

Then we could just run pic2plot over the generated file (using UMLGraph's BSD-licenced sequence.pic script) to generate sequence diagrams as png, gif or ps.

Comment By: Chad Humphries (spicycode)