[rspec-devel] help anyone?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 17:34:30 EST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007 3:16 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody.
> Per http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rspec-users/2007-November/004572.html,
> we're going to be moving ticket tracking over to lighthouse. We'd like
> to get this rolling sooner than later, but we're fairly well occupied
> getting ready for the 1.1 release and writing rspec books :)
> We've got the lighthouse account set up. The thing we need to do to
> start using it is to get all the open tickets at rubyforge copied over
> to lighthouse. As of today, lighthouse does not offer any sort of
> automated means of doing that.
> If any of you are interested in helping out by either manually copying
> tickets over or devising an automated means of doing so, please speak
> up. It would be a big help to the both the rspec community and the
> rspec development team.

A few people have offered on the two different lists (rspec-users and
rspec-devel), so it looks like this might happen sooner than later.

Some ground rules:

We need to get all of the open tickets at rubyforge in all three
trackers: bugs, patches and feature requests. Right now there are 123
in total.

There is only one tracker at lighthouse, and tickets are grouped via
tags. So tickets that come from the bug tracker should be tagged
'bug'. From Feature Requests: 'featurerequest'. From Patches: 'patch'.

The LH ticket should either include all of the commentary from the RF
ticket or at least a link back to the old ticket for reference.

Do not worry about assigning responsibility. We will grab tickets that
we want to work on.

When they get moved over, they should get closed on rubyforge with a
message saying "This ticket was moved to" with a link to the new

I'll put up a notice on Rubyforge that we are moving to lighthouse and
new tickets should go there with a cutoff (i.e. any ticket above 15719
on rubyforge will be ignored). I don't know yet if I can archive those
trackers. I'll look into that this week.