[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-15604 ] Cannot use console colouring mode without "win32console" gem on Windows.

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Tue Nov 13 07:50:37 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=15604&group_id=797

Category: runner module

Initial Comment:
Cannot use console colouring mode without "win32console" gem on Windows.

Hi guys! I've written renderer for rspec colouring output, but I cannot use it on Windows platform. Please add opportunity to use colouring mode on Windows without "win32console" gem!

The problem is in base_text_formatter.rb:

def colour=(colour)
     @colour = colour
     begin ; require 'Win32/Console/ANSI' if @colour && PLATFORM =~ /win32/ ; rescue LoadError ;  raise "You must gem install win32console to use colour on Windows" ; end