[rspec-devel] Story Directory Structure

Dan North tastapod at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 11:02:30 EST 2007

The rule I use is don't automate what you can't do manually. In other words,
wait until you've done enough creating and structuring stories, steps, etc.
for it to be annoying you, and then automate it :)

fwiw I've used the same structure (having scenarios and steps directories
inside a stories directory) and I really like it.

The all.rb vs finding stories argument is an interesting one. Should your
stories have to opt in to being run ( all.rb) or should any story just get
run?

One model I've seen work really well is to have two story folders, one for
in-progress stories and one for finished stories. If any stories in the done
folder fail, it breaks your build, and if any stories in the in-progress
folder *pass* it also breaks your build (because you probably ought to know
about it). With this model, you would run all the stories all the time so
you wouldn't need an all.rb file.

Cheers,
Dan