[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-15465 ] Edge rails #8115 changed plugin loading, causing conflic between rspec and rails plugin

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu Nov 8 16:38:58 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=15465&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
Rails commit #8115 refactored how plugins are loaded and now adds all
the vendor/plugins/*/lib directories to the load path before
initializing all the plugins.

rspec and rspec_on_rails have some conflicting relative paths, so when rspec initializes, the rspec_on_rails version of some files gets loaded.

Attached is a patch that switches to absolute paths for some of the conflicting require statements, and moves spec/matchers and spec/dsl into an extensions/ directory in the rspec_on_rails plugin.

Date: 2007-11-08 21:38

Message:
Hey Brandon - sorry man - we crossed paths on this and I had already made the change, but only 1/2 of it - good catch on configuration also.

Just an FYI - I think you forgot to svn add before making the patch - it has the deletes, but not the adds. I resolved that on this end and moved a bunch of other stuff around as well.

Applied to r2831.