[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-15364 ] if all examples are pending, exceptions in 'before' block are not shown

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Tue Nov 6 10:10:38 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=15364&group_id=797

Category: expectation module

Initial Comment:
This is with trunk.  To reproduce:

1. make a spec with a single pending example
2. make a before block with an exception
3. run it - there are no errors reported, but return code ($?) is nonzero
4. Add a dummy non-pending example
5. run again - now you see the error reported

Date: 2007-11-06 08:10

Message:
I think it IS running, though.  The dummy exception in
before, even though there are no examples, is what's causing
the nonzero return code.

Date: 2007-11-06 07:11

Message:
If there are no examples, then before(:each) shouldn't run, so that part of the behaviour is to be expected.

I think the problem here is the non-zero return code, so I'll leave this open until we resolve that.