[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Patches-13607 ] README for running stories

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Mon Nov 5 20:45:08 EST 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3151&aid=13607&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
I'm attaching a simple README to go in the examples/story directory and explain the basics of running stories (both the provided game-of-life ones and the reader's own).

Date: 2007-11-05 17:45

Message:
You're right, it is outdated and in some ways imprecise.  At the time, it was
supposed to be enough to get people from a command prompt to being able
to run the stories that ship with RSpec (it wasn't at all obvious how to do this
in the early days of the RBehave -> RSpec migration).  But the Story Runner
has changed a lot since then.

Do we still need a README for the sample stories?  Or is it obvious how to
run the them now?  I'd be happy to take a second crack at it, and include both
a updated info and a better explanation of what stories are than what I had
before.

Why don't I open up a shared doc on some newfangled collaborative site,
correct my previous errors, temper it in the fire of public scrutiny, and submit
as a new patch after it's passed muster?  That would reduce the risk of a
months-old patch languishing into irrelevancy.

Date: 2007-11-05 15:16

Message:
Yes - outdated and also doesn't really capture the spirit of what we're trying to do. Stories are not just another way to express examples - they're a completely different animal.

Thanks for the effort though.