[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-11259 ] windows?: autotest suppresses output

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu May 31 23:46:55 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=11259&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
When I run rspec under autotest (with the change I noted in 11258), it seems to run okay; it detects specs that should be run anew; it runs them (as evidenced by test.log); but it never, ever shows me any output from the spec runner.  Even a test known to fail shows me nothing.

If I use rspec without autotest, everything works fine.  If I use Test::Unit instead of rspec, autotest shows me the full test runner output.  So it must be a problem with the way rspec and autotest interact.

(I don't know if this is actually a Windows problem, but it seems plausible.)

Comment By: Erik Ostrom (eostrom)
Date: 2007-05-31 20:46

Message:
Sorry, I forgot.  I think I've got the latest everything:

* Windows XP SP2
* Ruby 1.8.6
* Rails 1.2.3
* RSpec and Spec::Rails r2064
* ZenTest 3.6.0

Date: 2007-05-31 12:27

Message:
Before investigating this we need to know the versions of all
relevant software you are using, for example:

* OS X 10.4.9
* Ruby 1.8.6
* RSpec 1.8.2 or RSpec trunk r1643
* Spec::Rails 1.8.2 or Spec::Rails tag r1234...
* Rails 1.2.3 or Rails edge r5645
* Whatever other relevant software.

Without this information it's like solving 1 equation (your
question) with 5 unknown variables (the versions).

We strongly recommend that you use the latest released version of
RSpec, alternatively the subversion trunk (if you're the bleeding
edge kind of person).