[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-11258 ] windows: autotest won't run

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu May 31 17:38:23 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=11258&group_id=797

Initial Comment:
'script/spec' is not a valid command on Windows, which doesn't know about #! scripts.

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ZenTest-3.6.0/lib/autotest.rb:209:in `open’: No such file or directory – script/spec -O spec/spec.opts [... long list of specs…] (Errno::ENOENT)

I think I fixed this by changing "script/spec" to "ruby script/spec" in rails_rspec.rb.  I believe this would run on most UNIX systems, but if the script specified a version of Ruby, it wouldn't honor that choice.  So maybe something more sophisticated would be better--even just making the command configurable.