[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-11247 ] standalone autotest doesn't work because of unneeded autotest.rb

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Thu May 31 07:03:02 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=11247&group_id=797

Initial Comment:

there is  $RSPECDIR/lib/autotest.rb which is completely unneeded as far as I can see, but interferes with autotest.

More specifially, lib/autotest/rspec.rb  requires 'autotest' (and expects to get zentest's Autotest class) but gets that dummy file instead.

Everything works for me when I rename/remove that file.

Date: 2007-05-31 14:03

Message:
Ah of course, sorry.

os x 10.4.9  (latest tiger)
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i686-darwin8.8.1]  (self built)
RSpec-1.0.4 (r2054) - BDD for Ruby  (latest gem)

And this was standalone, so no rails used, but rails 1.2.3 installed.

I haven't tried trunk, but I stronly believe that the autotest.rb file included
with rspec conflicts with the actual autotest.rb from zentest, and that file is
still in trunk from what I can see.

Date: 2007-05-31 13:38

Message:
Before investigating this we need to know the versions of all
relevant software you are using, for example:

* OS X 10.4.9
* Ruby 1.8.6
* RSpec 1.8.2 or RSpec trunk r1643
* Spec::Rails 1.8.2 or Spec::Rails tag r1234...
* Rails 1.2.3 or Rails edge r5645
* Whatever other relevant software.

Without this information it's like solving 1 equation (your
question) with 5 unknown variables (the versions).

We strongly recommend that you use the latest released version of
RSpec, alternatively the subversion trunk (if you're the bleeding
edge kind of person).