[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-11147 ] Autotest continually runs specs that are failing when no file has been modified.

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sat May 26 15:08:28 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=11147&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin
Group: v1.0 (example)

Initial Comment:
I posted this in the ZenTest bugs list and was redirected here. More details at this link:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=11142&group_id=419&atid=1678

Using RSpec 1.0.3 and ZenTest 3.6.0.

Date: 2007-05-26 19:08

Message:
Actually, ZenTest doesn't currently support ignoring individual files. I've submitted a report to ZenTest (http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=419&atid=1681), but in the mean time you'll have to just make sure that these lines:

--format
failing_examples:previous_failures.txt
--example
previous_failures.txt

are not in spec/spec.opts.

Date: 2007-05-26 18:42

Message:
Whenever you upgrade you need to run the following:

script/generate rspec

This replaces spec/spec.opts with a new version that excludes
the following lines:

--format
failing_examples:previous_failures.txt
--example
previous_failures.txt

If you get rid of those now, you should be OK.

I'll also add previous_failures.txt to the list of files that
are ignored by autotest. Leaving this open until that's
committed.