[rspec-devel] [ rspec-Bugs-11143 ] Views code for ActionController::Base#render broke between 1.0.0 and 1.0.3 on Rails Edge r6731

noreply at rubyforge.org noreply at rubyforge.org
Sat May 26 11:21:07 EDT 2007

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=3149&aid=11143&group_id=797

Category: rails plugin

Initial Comment:
I just updated to Rails r6731 and RSpec 1.0.3, and all my controller specs exploded:

1)
ActionView::ActionViewError in 'FavoritesController handling GET /user/1/favorites should be successful'
Couldn't find template file for favorites/index in ["/Users/coda/Project/app/views"]
/Users/coda/Project/vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/spec/rails/dsl/behaviour/controller.rb:70:in `render'
/Users/coda/Project/app/controllers/favorites_controller.rb:10:in `index'
spec/controllers/favorites_controller_spec.rb:41:in `do_get'
spec/controllers/favorites_controller_spec.rb:45:
spec/controllers/favorites_controller_spec.rb:31:

The view is in app/views/favorites/index.html.erb, and the call to render it is just the default:

 respond_to do |format|
   format.html # index.html.erb
 end

The code works fine in development -- renders the right view and everything. This code used to pass with an older revision of Edge and RSpec 1.0.0, and I noticed that Spec::Rails::DSL::ControllerInstanceMethods#render has changed.