[rspec-devel] RSpec inside JRuby

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Wed May 23 14:45:41 EDT 2007

David Chelimsky wrote:
> On 5/23/07, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I hope this can be the RSpec 1.0.1 version (not yet released) - it has
>> some minor tweaks that are needed to get all of RSpec's specs to run
>> on JRuby. (This is something Ola Bini and I paired on at RailsConf).
>> We'll release 1.0.1 if the JRuby team ask us for it.
> I want to release 1.0.1 this week, but I'm coordinating w/ Ryan Davis
> on new releases of both rspec and zentest to improve the integration
> between rspec autotest. If a release must go out for jruby before
> we're ready for zentest we can do it, but I'd prefer to wait until
> Ryan and I get this to work (hopefully this week) to avoid two
> releases.

FYI, I think the way we're going to handle bundling RSpec is to have the
"dist" process automatically install it. So whatever's current at the
time we release JRuby 1.0 (probably about 1.5wks away) will be installed
when we dist.

And BTW, we also plan to ship Rake in the same way, so with a binary
JRuby dist you'll have Rake, RubyGems, and RSpec out of the box.

- Charlie