[rspec-devel] RSpec inside JRuby

Nick Sieger nicksieger at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:49:35 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The fine JRuby team declared at RailsConf that they will bundle RSpec
> with JRuby when it ships. That's awesome, thanks again guys.
>
> I hope this can be the RSpec 1.0.1 version (not yet released) - it has
> some minor tweaks that are needed to get all of RSpec's specs to run
> on JRuby. (This is something Ola Bini and I paired on at RailsConf).
> We'll release 1.0.1 if the JRuby team ask us for it.
>
> I am currently able to run *all* of RSpec core's specs on JRuby (HEAD).
>
> LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY.
>
> I'm asking that all RSpec developers make sure RSpec always runs
> against JRuby until they ship 1.0. Here is how:
>
> svn co http://svn.codehaus.org/jruby jruby
> cd jruby/jruby
> ant clean
> ant
> # put JRuby's bin dir on your PATH
> cd ../testsuites/rspec
> mkdir target
> jruby -S rake checkout_code
> cd target/rspec
> jruby bin/spec spec -c
>
> I'm getting a bunch of hpricot warnings but otherwise it's 100%
> green!!!!!!!!!!!:
>
>  gems/hpricot-0.5.140-jruby/lib/hpricot/parse.rb:15 warning: multiple
> values for a block parameter (4 for 1)

This is also in CI: http://jruby.thresher.com/browse/RSPEC-TRUNK

Although since RSpec checkout is part of the build, it won't get run
when RSpec code changes at the moment.

Right now there are 5 failures which come and go, it seems like we
(JRuby) have some randomly recurring issue with Object#inspect or
something like that, because the actual output only differs by #<...>.
 One of us will have to look at it.

/Nick